A Time To Run ...

April is here and I'm kinda excited. First off, my first competitive race for the year will be starting in about two weeks time. I can hardly wait for that. I'm been having race withdrawal symptoms for quite a while now ... LOL!

The last race I ran was last year and if I'm not mistaken, it was the Asia Masters Race or something along those lines. See, I told you its been a while since I ran a race. I've got my eye set on quite a few events this year namely the NTV7 run, the Adidas King of the Road, The Standard Chartered Marathon (where I insanely want to run in the 42K event!), The PJ Half Marathon (The race event that got me hooked on running all those years ago), The Mizuno Wave run, The MPSJ run (for some very personal reasons), The Coca-Cola run, The Malakoff 12K, The Penang Bridge International Marathon, just to name a few.

Wifey thinks I'm a little crazy in wanting to take part in as many events as possible this year though she has her sights set on a few herself :D Right now, we're both looking forward to the Energizer Night Race. We've both taken a a step up in our training at the moment to prepare for the event and hopefully we'll do well :D The only thing is we won't be in the same event. She's in the 11K and I'm going for the 21K. I just hope it doesn't rain. I hate running in the rain.

Took a two day break from running this week. Was planning a run with wifey this evening but that didn't work out cos I was stuck in a two and a half hour traffic snarl and by the time I reached home, it was a little too late to run, besides my left leg hurt like crazy. Yes, I still drive a manual car. In situations like these, I wish I was driving an auto.

Since it's the weekend, it's going to be a long run session tomorrow evening. Would love to run in the morning but lazy old me is simply NOT a morning person ... LOL! Anyways, have a happy weekend and if you're hitting the roads tomorrow, remember, run happy :D

Comments

  1. I have 1 month to train for Borneo International Marathon which is in May yay~ and yes, one shouldn't run after stuck in jam for more than 2 hours, not only left leg pain, the body also feels strain LOL!

    Am gonna better my 20km tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maslight - Wah, wish I could attend the BIM but don't think got time. Maybe next year :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment